Field View Primary School
At Field View Primary School, we recognise the importance of and value parental involvement in the life of the school. We acknowledge that in order for your child to be the best they can, the school and parents/carers need to work in partnership. We aim to make a difference by involving parents in all aspects of their child’s journey through school – from inviting parents in to watch performances to attending curriculum workshops. We strive to make parents feel involved in their child’s learning.
We aim communicate with parents in a variety of different ways:
- Text messages / emails – this shares any key messages (curriculum workshops, performances, visits and events, change to timetable etc.)
- Marvellous Me – this not only shares any key messages but also enables teachers to celebrate children’s achievements by awarding badges
- Weekly newsletters – this shares key messages and dates to help parents know what is going on in school. It also names the star of the week from each class.
- SEND progress discussions – parents of children with SEND, will be invited to half termly meetings to discuss their child’s progress in relation to their targets
- Parents Evenings – these take place each term and allow parents to discuss their child’s progress
- Annual School Reports – these are sent out towards the end of the summer term.
- School website – this shares an insight into school life as well as important dates